Carleton is committed to being affordable to all admitted students
Carleton welcomes talented students from all economic backgrounds. We are committed to meeting the full demonstrated financial need of all admitted students for all four years.
Carleton Financial Facts
- More than $43.6 million in financial aid was awarded to Carleton students in 2012-13.
- For Class of 2016 students who demonstrated need, the average financial aid award was $37,087.
- About 55% of the Class of 2016 received need-based grants and scholarships, which do not need to be repaid. Average Carleton grant: $28,480.
- Carleton charges no application fee for students who apply online.
- To provide maximum financial aid to students in need, Carleton does not offer merit scholarships.
- Carleton's total comprehensive fee covers most student expenses except books and supplies, personal spending money, and travel. There are no extra fees for labs, field trips, student publications, or college events.
- Use this calculator to estimate the amount of financial aid you would receive at Carleton
- Carleton's tips for college applicants who are or expect to be National Merit Scholars.