Carleton Merit Scholars
- Carleton enrolls a significant number of National Merit Scholars each year. In the last couple of years, about 16% of our Freshman classes are National Merit Scholars.
- Carleton often enrolls more National Merit Scholars than any other small liberal arts college in the country.
- Merit Finalists who name Carleton as their college choice become eligible for a $2000 per year Scholarship for 4 years. This is regardless of financial need.
- For students awarded need-based aid, the Carleton Merit Scholarship is used to reduce the loan and/or work portion of your financial aid package.
- If you are selected for a one-time "National" National Merit Scholarship of $2,500, we will continue that scholarship in subsequent years at $2,000 per year. So, all Merit Scholars receive a 4-year scholarship at Carleton.
- For National Merit Finalists who have been admitted to Carleton through regular decision, we help subsidize a visit to our campus. We'll pay for half your plane fare, up to $200.
- If you apply for admission from Carleton's Web site, we will waive our usual $30 application fee.
There are many reasons why so many National Merit Scholars enroll at Carleton. We hope you will take the time to find out for yourself why this is a fact for so many of your peers.