How to Apply to Carleton
It's easy to begin Carleton's application process:
Submit the optional Part I Application
Part I is the first (and optional) step in applying to Carleton, and it's usually available around August 1 of your senior year. Submitting Part I lets us know that you consider yourself an applicant, even before you complete the full application process. This helps us keep in touch with you and guide you through the process for submitting and tracking the remaining documents we require. Carleton waives the application fee for those who submit Part I.
Submit the Common Application and supplement (required)
Carleton requires students to submit the Common Application to be considered for admission.* There is no application fee for students applying online using the Common App. Feeling confused about the Common App? Let us explain.
*Carleton participates in QuestBridge, which has a separate application that we'll consider in lieu of the Common App.
- Learn about the qualifications the Admissions committee hopes to see in Carleton applicants.
- You're more than a collection of grades and test scores. Learn what else we look for in our applicants.
- Important dates and deadlines to remember as you apply to Carleton.
- Important information for international applicants.
- Admissions and financial aid details for students without legal US citizenship or permanent residency.
- How to write a standout college essay.
- This page outlines the application process using the Common Application.
- QuestBridge is a nationwide program that connects talented, under-served students with high-quality education opportunities after high school.