How to Apply to Carleton
It's easy to begin Carleton's application process:
Submit our Application Part I (optional but recommended)
Part I is the first (and optional) step in applying to Carleton, and it's usually available around July 1. Submitting Part I lets us know that you consider yourself an applicant, even before you complete the full application process. This helps us keep in touch with you and guide you through the process. Carleton waives the application fee for those who submit Part I.
Submit the complete application and supplement (required)
The Carleton application is the Common Application with a supplement. The application is free for those applying online. There is a $30 application fee for paper applications.
Alternately: Download paper application forms (PDF)
- Learn about the qualifications the Admissions committee hopes to see in Carleton applicants.
- You're more than a collection of grades and test scores. Learn what else we look for in our applicants.
- Important dates and deadlines to remember as you apply to Carleton.
- Important information international applicants.
- How to write a standout college essay.