1. Eating a taco onstage at Ebony, for a dance to "Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell." (Don't ask me why the band is called Das Racist. It's one of the great mysteries of life, I guess.) At first I'm sad and hungry, then a girl from my floor comes out of the crowd and hands me a taco. I take a bite and am happy. Then everyone runs under a bridge formed by a bunch of people holding hands. And that is how it will go.
2. Hopefully completely finishing the movie. I can't wait to see it all together. The editing might pose a problem, though, since editing is the most time-consuming process known to man.
3. Doing the Writing Portfolio. I haven't really started to think about this yet, and probably won't until the week it's due, because I am a procrastination machine.
4. Regretting that my friends who are seniors are graduating.
5. Applying to go abroad. I'm not going to give any details right now, for fear of jinxing it, but hopefully I'll be accepted and then I'll be able to tell you all about it!
6. Writing two research papers, one each for Intro Linguistics and Intro Sociology. My first instinct – to write something about linguistic patterns based on social class/group – is the same for both courses. So I'll have to make the two papers slightly different somehow. Speaking of which, there's a really interesting-sounding speaker coming on Friday to talk about the manifestation of social stratification in phonology (translation: how your accent reflects the group you belong to, and why). So I'm pretty excited about that.
7. Lots and lots of Bald Spot time. Bald Spot all day every day. God, it's nice out.