Last weekend I started getting a headache and a sore throat. Guess what I have now?! A cold. I now present to you a few lists I have compiled this week.
A List of Things That Are Really Horrible While Sick at Carleton:
- Walking to class during a snowstorm.
- Studying for midterms and writing papers with a headache.
- Eating what should be delicious fried food in Sayles, but instead choking it down because you're so congested you can't even taste it.
A List of Things You Should Have in Your Dorm Room Should You Get a Cold:
- An electric kettle. Even though I live all of 10 steps from the dining hall and am in the same building as Sayles, it's nice not having to leave my room to get tea.
- Tissues. Stock up before you need them, or the bookstore cashier will laugh as you pile twelve boxes on the register.
- Cold medicine, or a cell phone to text a good friend to run out to Target on a weekday night.
A List of Things That Are Good About Having a Cold At Carleton:
- Not feeling well enough to go out means you have plenty of time to re-organize your notes and get ahead on your schoolwork (that is, if you're not sleeping during all your free time...)
- Friends and strangers alike offer you tissues and cough drops.
- Everyone else is sick. Including the professors.
Here's to getting better and having activities to attend and blog about next week!