Student Video & Photo Blog
- November 14, 2013 at 3:06 pm
Carleton celebrated Homecoming 2013 on Oct. 18-19, kicked off by President Steve Poskanzer at the Homecoming Rally and highlighted by the Knights' showdown with nationally-ranked Saint John's on the gridiron. Student videographers Andy Rodgers '16 and Aaron Sala '16 captured the sights and sounds of the weekend-Go Knights!
- November 13, 2013 at 4:13 pm
The Carleton social media team sponsored an Instagram contest, asking our current students to show us the spaces where they live, study and socialize. We know one of the biggest questions for prospective students involve the residence halls and what it's like to live in a dorm at Carleton. Thanks to everyone who shared their spaces with us, and we hope this gives those students interested in Carleton a little insight into what a cool experience residential life is at Carleton. Make sure to follow our Instagram account, @CarletonCollege!
- November 11, 2013 at 3:27 pm
Snapshots of Carleton's celebration of the Festival of Lights
- November 8, 2013 at 3:14 pm
Northfield is a great biking town, and bicycles are everywhere at Carleton. Whether you're heading into town for lunch, commuting to work, exploring the countryside, or just trying to get across campus, bikes are usually the best way to do it.
- November 4, 2013 at 3:23 pm
Carleton hosted a service and celebration on Saturday for the traditional Mexican holiday Día de Muertos, "Day of the Dead."
- October 21, 2013 at 8:27 pm
A glimpse of the Cowling Arboretum during the changing of seasons.
- October 16, 2013 at 12:13 pm
Carleton students study intensely, but they also take time out to volunteer and get involved in local community events. Our intrepid video team checked out one such event, Northfield Farm Bike Tour 2013, organized to help raise awareness of the local food scene and build bridges between different areas of the Northfield community.
- October 14, 2013 at 3:48 pm
Autumn has finally arrived in Minnesota, which means it's apple picking season. The rain ceased just long enough last week for students to venture out to Fireside Orchards in Northfield to enjoy the fruits of some manual labor and to indulge in warm apple donuts and cider.
- October 14, 2013 at 10:10 amThe Carleton community is filled with passionate people pursuing their varied interests through student organizations. There are countless groups doing everything from cooking great food to volunteering at local schools. The student activities fair is a great way for new students to get to see all of the different groups that are active on campus and sign up for way too many of them.
- October 7, 2013 at 10:13 amWhat are students excited for on their first day of classes at Carleton?
- October 1, 2013 at 4:26 pm
Farm House, an interest living house on campus focusing on sustainable living and agriculture, recently hosted FireBellies for a gathering of hearty food and conversation.
- May 27, 2013 at 2:46 pm
Chefs from Carleton's food service, Bon Appetit, have teamed up with the student-organized cooking club Firebellies to offer a Cooking 101 class open to all students. What's on the menu this time? Samosas, a deep-fried specialty of India.