You don't go it alone at Carleton. If you're struggling academically, or just need a few pointers, the support you need is all around:
Academic Support Center
Guides and helps all Carleton students in their pursuit of academic excellence. ACS programs include:
- Academic skills coaching in time management, study skills, and test preparation
- One-on-one academic tutoring in specific subjects
- Math Skills Center offering drop-in and one-on-one tutoring for students at all levels
- Writing Center offering free, individual conferences during which writers may discuss their writing with a trained student consultant
- Second-language writing support for non-native English speakers
- Speakasy Center for coaching on speaking & presenting
The reference librarians are available for individual research questions including topic exploration, problems with databases, and strategies for finding resources.
The Language Center offers a wide variety of resources to aid in your language education, including language software, foreign language recordings, and expert help from Language Associates.
Get expert help or or equipment to create and edit images, video, audio and multimedia.
Emily Balczewski '16 says:I wanted a school that would challenge me both inside and outside of the classroom and then offer support to allow me to grow academically and personally from these challenging experiences. Small classes, intimate professor relationships, and a kind and diverse student body are key to achieving this, and Carleton has all three!