Carleton's Career Center goes far beyond the basics of helping you write a resume, attend job fairs, practice for interviews, and apply to grad schools (although they do a fine job of all that). They can connect you with our network of accomplished alumni (nearly 26,000 strong) and parents, help you explore internship and fellowship opportunities, set up industry-specific externships, and guide you as you explore all your post-Carleton options.
Career Center programs include:
- Internships that provide students with real world experience and perspective in a given field.
- Engagement Wanted, a program that connects Carleton juniors and seniors with alumni, parents, and friends of the College who may have advice, referrals, or employment opportunities.
- Carleton Scholars, special "taste-of-industry" tours that introduce students to a variety of organizations in a particular field of interest, including site visits, panel discussions, receptions, and social activities.
- 30 Minutes, an ongoing series of speed-networking evetns that bring students interested in a specific job or industry face-to-face (in person or via video chat) with alumni experienced in that field. In just half an hour (hence the name), Carleton networking magic happens.
- Mentor Externships connect students with alumni for 1-4 week "mini internships," most with a focus project, and generally including home-stays with their alumni hosts.
Laura Glander '84 says:Carleton taught me to try new things in a supportive environment. My Carleton education shaped me for life - the many jobs I've had (including parenthood) and for the many adventures I've undertaken.