Visiting campus is the best way to discover whether Carleton is the right fit for you. Although you can get a feel for Carleton's personality over in this site's Explore section, there's no substitute for walking around campus, talking to students, and sitting in on real classes.
Things to do during a campus visit
- Take a campus tour
- Go to an information session
- Do an admissions interview
- Attend classes
- Stay overnight with Carleton students
- Eat in the dining halls
- Visit an academic department
- Talk with a professor
- Get your financial aid questions answered
- Check out downtown Northfield
- Watch a varsity sports practice and talk to the team & coach
- Check out the exhibits at the Art Gallery
- Go to campus events
- Bake cookies at Dacie Moses House
- Stop by Gould Library to peruse its one million items (or meet Oscar the penguin)
- Play "Name That Tune" when the chapel bells chime
- Take a walk in the Arb
- Join a game of broomball or Frisbee, depending on the season
There's often road construction, especially in the summer. Be sure to check out MN-DOT for accurate travel information in and out of Northfield.
Minnesota Private College Week
Even if you are not able to visit Carleton you can still talk directly with Carleton representatives and alumni. Check for upcoming activities in your area and online.