Visiting Campus This Winter
Want to visit this winter?
Visiting campus is the best way to discover whether Carleton is the right fit for you. Although you can get a feel for Carleton's personality in our Explore section, there's no substitute for walking around campus, talking to students, and sitting in on real classes. We encourage you to arrange a visit that works with your schedule.
Things to do during a campus visit
- Take a campus tour
- Go to an information session
- Do an admissions interview
- Attend classes
- Stay overnight with Carleton students
- Eat in the dining halls
- Visit an academic department
- Talk with a professor
- Get your financial aid questions answered
- Check out downtown Northfield
- Watch a varsity sports practice and talk to the team & coach
- Check out the exhibits at the Art Gallery
- Go to campus events
- Bake cookies at Dacie Moses House
- Stop by Gould Library to peruse its one million items (or meet Oscar the penguin)
- Play "Name That Tune" when the chapel bells chime
- Take a walk in the Arb
- Join a game of broomball or Frisbee, depending on the season
Plan and Schedule A Visit
We'll walk you through signing up to visit campus.
There's often road construction, especially in the summer. Be sure to check out MN-DOT for accurate travel information in and out of Northfield.
Talk directly with Carleton admissions representatives near your home. Check our calendar for upcoming activities in your area.
We welcome groups of students from schools and community-based organizations.
Looking for something fun to do in the summer? Consider one of Carleton's summer academic programs!