The Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport is approximately 45 minutes from campus with daily service from many regional, national, and international cities. We recommend that you arrange ground transportation prior to your arrival at MSP. Such options from the airport include:
- Airport Car Service: The Admissions Office offers limited transportation to and from the airport on a set schedule. This airport car typically departs from the airport at 7:00 PM on Thursdays and Fridays and 3:00 PM on Sundays and Mondays. Be sure to schedule your incoming flight with ample time to retrieve your baggage before the car departs. This service is offered throughout the academic year, when overnight stays are available, and you will need to make arrangements with the Admissions Office at least one week prior to your arrival/departure date to use this service. The cost is $10 per rider, each way.
- The Northfield Metro Express Bus provides daily express bus service between Northfield and the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- Eco Trans Shuttle Service (888-492-7433)
- Archer Limo Service (877-503-9482)
- First Choice Shuttle (866-444-9696)
- Renting a car (see below for driving details - we promise, it's not difficult!)
The Admissions Office is located in Johnson House, at 100 South College Street, also known as the intersection of First and College Streets. We're about 45 minutes from the Cities and the airport: just head south on Interstate 35 to exit 69, and then head east on Highway 19 into town. Be sure to check driving directions before making the trip, as roads might be closed for construction.
Want more details? Here's a handy satellite map to show you our exact location, including the closest parking lots. There's ample visitor parking in the lots surrounding our building, and you do not need a special permit to park in standard parking spaces. If you park on the streets in Northfield, please check signs to ensure you will not exceed the time limits or other restrictions. Be sure to check with MN-DOT to confirm detours and other traffic delays.
- Northfield Metro Express Bus provides daily express bus service between Northfield and the Twin Cities metro area, including the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- Megabus travels from Chicago to downtown Minneapolis. From downtown, you can take the Northfield Lines bus to campus.
- Jefferson Lines travels to Northfield from select Midwestern destinations, but the drop-off is 7 miles from campus.
- Amtrak trains travel to St. Paul and Red Wing, MN from points throughout the country, but the train does not stop in Northfield. Northfield Metro Express Bus has stops at the Universities of St. Thomas and St. Catherine, which are both a short cab ride from the Amtrak station. Or, if you'd prefer to arrange a ride specific to your schedule, you can contact Eco Trans Shuttle Service or First Choice Shuttle to inquire about taxi service between the train stations and our campus.