Carleton College is located in Northfield, Minnesota, less than an hour's drive from Minneapolis and St. Paul.
The Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport is approximately 45 minutes from campus with daily service from many destinations. We recommend that you arrange ground transportation prior to your arrival, because availability differs. Options include:
- Airport Car Service: The Admissions Office offers limited transportation to and from the airport on a set schedule. This airport car typically departs from the airport at 7:00 PM on Thursdays and Fridays and 3:00 PM on Sundays and Mondays. Be sure to schedule your incoming flight with ample time to retrieve your baggage before the car departs. This service is offered throughout the academic year, when overnight stays are available, and you will need to make arrangements with the Admissions Office at least one week prior to your arrival/departure date to use this service. The cost is $10 per rider, each way.
- Eco Trans Shuttle Service (888-492-7433).
- Archer Limo Service (877-503-9482).
- The Northfield Metro Express Bus provides daily express bus service between Northfield and the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
The Admissions Office is located in Johnson House at the intersection of First and College Streets. There's ample visitor parking in the lots surrounding our building, and you do not need a special permit to park in standard parking spaces. If you park on the streets in Northfield, please check signs to ensure you will not exceed the time limits or other restrictions. Be sure to check with MN-DOT to confirm detours and other traffic delays.
- Northfield Metro Express Bus provides daily express bus service between Northfield and the Twin Cities metro area, including the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- Jefferson Lines travels to Northfield from select Midwestern destinations, but the drop-off is 7 miles from campus.
- Amtrak trains travel to St. Paul from points throughout the country. The train does not stop in Northfield.
- Call Eco Trans Shuttle Service at 888-492-7433 to inquire about taxi service between the St. Paul Amtrak station and Northfield.
- Northfield Metro Express Bus has stops at the Universities of St. Thomas and St. Catherine, which are both a short cab ride from the Amtrak station.