Resources for Club Volunteers
What is a Carleton Club?
A Carleton Club is a geographically-defined group of Carleton alumni, current students, parents, and friends of the College. Clubs range in size from thousands of people in major metropolitan areas like the Twin Cities, New York, or Chicago to a few hundred people spread throughout broader areas like New Mexico or Michigan.
What is the purpose of a Carleton Club?
Carleton Clubs exist to connect alumni, parents, and friends with each other and with the College. They provide social and educational programs, a forum for renewing old acquaintances and meeting new Carleton people, and opportunities for bringing news about Carleton to those who may not have visited the campus recently.
There are a number of volunteer groups that support the work of the College which may at times look to collaborate with Carleton Clubs to plan regional events:
- Alumni Admissions Representative program - provide opportunities for prospective students and their families to interact with alumni and help them get to know Carleton a little better
- Multicultural Alumni Network - provide opportunities for alumni of color to meet and network
- Out @fter Carleton Leadership Committee - provide opportunities for LGBT alumni to meet and network
- Career Center - provide professional networking opportunities for alumni and current students
What is the role of Carleton Clubs Volunteers?
The success of the Carleton Clubs program is directly tied to the great work of Clubs volunteers. They provide ideas for and organize events that appeal to a broad range of alumni, parents, students, and friends of the College throughout the year. Depending on the event, volunteers provide or identify a venue, communicate with alumni or faculty presenters, collect RSVPs, serve as hosts during the event, and submit attendance lists and feedback after the event. The Office of Alumni Relations helps to send out email and paper invitations to events, but Clubs volunteers may also want to manage a Facebook page or Carleton email listserv for the Club as an additional way to advertise events.
Carleton Clubs are successful when they bring people together for rewarding experiences that create positive feelings for the Carleton community in your area. See below for some resources to use in planning Carleton Club events.
How can I get involved?
We are always looking for more Carleton Clubs volunteers! Whether you want to help organize just one event, or sign on to help on a longer-term basis, we encourage you to be in touch. To volunteer, contact either the Carleton Club Chair in your area or the Office of Alumni Relations (email@example.com or 800-729-2586).
- Easy to fill-out online forms for event publicity.
- Let us know what materials you would like to help support your upcoming event.
- Easy to fill-out online form for providing feedback and attendance for club events.
- Helpful information for planning events and building a strong Carleton Club in your area.