Schedule of Lectures & Conversations
Events in category: AlumniSee all categories (clear "Alumni")
- Carleton Connects: Professor David Lefkowitz '85
- Professor David Lefkowitz presents "Quais-Fictional Places: The Nirthfolde Visitors' Bureau and Other Original Facsimilies"
- Carleton Connects: Carleton Humanities Center with Susannah Ottaway 89
- Professor of History and Director of the Humanities Center Susannah Ottaway '89 presents on the Carleton Humanity Center
- Carleton Connects: Jonathan Capehart '89 and Professor Steven Schier
- Jonathan Capehart '89 and Professor Steven Schier present "What's Wrong with Washington"
- Carleton Connects: The Carleton Arb with Nancy Braker '81
- Nancy Braker '81, Puzak Family Director of the Cowling Arboretum presents "The Cowling Arboretum in 2013--Not the Arb you remember!"
- Carleton Connects: Bruce Whitehouse '93 and Professor Cherif Keita
- Anthropologist Bruce Whitehouse '93 and Professor Cherif Keita Present "Mali's Trajectory from Donor Darling to Failed State"
- Carleton Connects: Professor Devashree Gupta and Ed Bice '88
- Prof. Devashree Gupta & Ed Bice '88 present "Meet Me At the Corner of Facebook and Twitter: Social Movements and Protest in the Digital Era"
- Carleton Connects: Vice President and Treasurer Fred Rogers '72
- Vice President and Treasurer Fred Rogers '72 presents "Carleton in Context: The Costs of Higher Education"
- Carleton Connects: Professor John Harris '85, Professor Steven Schier
- John Harris '85, Professor Steven Schier, and James Hohmann present "The 2012 Presidential Election: What's Happening and Why"
- Carleton Connects: Professor Susan Jaret McKinstry
- Professor Susan Jaret McKinstry presents “What is VIZ? Visualizing the Liberal Arts (VIZ) at Carleton."
- 11:00 am
- Carleton Connects: Professor David Liben-Nowell
- Professor David Liben-Nowell presents: "Tie game: Making connections with social networks"
- Carleton Connects: Professor Roy Grow on "N. Korea and Iran: The 'Axis of Evil' and American Foreign Policy"
- Are you interested in brushing up on your foreign policy knowledge, or are you a political guru looking for insights? Join us for 2012's first Carleton Connects lifelong learning program, "North Korea and Iran: The 'Axis of Evil' and American Foreign Policy" with Professor Roy Grow, the Frank B. Kellogg Professor of International Relations. At the end of the call, you will have the opportunity to ask your own question as well as stay on the line for a short open discussion. To register and receive call-in information, visit: http://tinyurl.com/cconnects0112. Not able to join during the call? Check it and our past Carleton Connects programs out at: http://apps.carleton.edu/alumni/learn/connects/. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to having you join us!
- 12:00 pm
- Carleton Connects: The Weitz Center for Creativity
- Director of the Arts Steve Richardson, Professor Greg Marfleet, and Professor Ruth Weiner will discuss their plans and reactions to the newly opened Weitz Center for Creativity.
- 11:00 am
- Carleton Connects: Eric Hillemann
- College Archivist Eric Hillemann presents an online lecture on traditions at Carleton.
- 11:00 am
- Carleton Connects: Professor Michael Hemesath
- Join Professor Michael Hemesath as he presents "European Budget Challenges: America's Future?" as well as addresses how Japan's current economic climate may affect the larger world economy in our new, interactive lecture series.
- 11:00 am