A copy of this your budget has already been sent to you. You can track your budget on the HUB. Any mistakes should be reported to Barb Fowler (x4169) in the business office.
You should keep a running balance of all your expenditures (Quicken or Excel program). You are personally responsible to stay within your budget allotment. Balances will be carried over to the next budget year (beginning July 1). This includes both surplus and deficits.
1. Gerald and Heidi will meet with you at the conclusion of your main season to discuss budgets.
2. Budgets are to be prepared according to the forms provided by the Athletic Director.
3. The Athletic Director will evaluate the budget request and check the budgets to see if they are consistent with schedules and current policy for travel and equipment purchase.
4. The Athletic Director will, after reviewing the budget requests, forward them to the Dean of Budget and Planning, the Associate Dean of the College, the Comptroller of the College.
5. The Dean of Budget and Planning reviews the request and presents the budgets to the Budget Committee with his recommendations.
6. If funds in the amount requested by the Athletic Department are not approved, it shall be the responsibility of the coach involved to re-allocate the funds within the total amount budgeted by the Budget Committee.
7. Requests for funds not included in the budget must be made to the Athletic Director.
8. It is the responsibility of the Department Secretary to keep accurate accounts of all the athletic funds and expenditures.
9. Coaches are expected to maintain accurate records of all expenditures for their specific sports.
BUDGETS ARE TO BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO, AND ANY DEVIATIONS FROM APPROVED BUDGETS REQUIRES THE APPROVAL OF THE ASSOCIATE DEAN OF THE COLLEGE.
-Coaches are not allowed to fundraise for their programs with the exception of getting the Athletic Directors approval to fundraise for a special event or travel. With the approval from the AD, you would then be allowed to sell goods such as t-shirts, cookies, etc. to raise money for your event/travel.
-Direct alumni, or others interested in donating money, to give to the Athletic Initiative. Read more about this fundraising campaign by going to the link on our athletics homepage:
-The Knights Athletic Club (KAC) is an alumni organization put together by recent Carleton letterwinners. Our policy, in order to adhere to NCAA equity guidelines, is that ALL requests for funding support by KAC must be presented to the Athletic Director. The PEAR Administrative Committee will then submit requests to KAC.
- Important #'s
- News Media
- PEAR Philosophy
- NCAA Division III Philosophy
- Athlete's Welfare
- Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
- Facility Descriptions
- Overview of "The Season"
- Traveling Policy Guidelines
- Athletic Training
- Purchasing Procedures