The Carleton College men's cross country squad is regionally and nationally-ranked. A deep squad will look to build on last year's NCAA Championships appearance.
Video interview with Thor Laack-Veeder and head coach Dave Ricks
(courtesy of Matt Higgins, MIAC)
• Dave Ricks (eighth season)
A Year Ago
• 2nd at MIAC Championships
• 4th at Regionals
• 16th at NCAA Championships
Sept. 5 – at Augustana (S.D.) Twilight Invitational
Other Dates to Circle on the Calendar
Nov. 1 — Will Carleton and St. Olaf dominate the MIAC Championships once again?
Nov. 6 — It’s the annual Karhu Shoe Race as the Knights host the Oles
Nov. 15 — Carleton will need a strong showing at the NCAA Central Region Championships to secure a bid to nationals the following week
• 32 runners / 20 returners
Keep an Eye On…
• Hart Hornor (Jr. | 26th at 2013 MIAC Championships; 11th at regionals [All-Region])
• Jonah Barry (Jr. | 7th at 2013 MIAC Championships [All-MIAC]; 20th at regionals [All-Region])
• Joe Haase (Jr. | 29th at 2013 MIAC Championships, 47th at Regionals)
By the Numbers
• 4+: Carleton returns four of its seven runners—Hornor, Barry, Haase, and Thor Laack-Veeder ’15—from last year’s entry to the NCAA Championships. Also returning is nationals alternate Noah Laack-Veeder ’15.
• 16: Carleton returned to the NCAA Championships in 2013 for the first time in six seasons. The Knights finished 16th in the team competition.
• 26: The Knights are ranked No. 26 in the USTFCCCA’s pre-season national poll.
Did You Know?
• The 32-person squad is the largest in recent Carleton men’s cross country history.
Off the Course
• For the eighth consecutive season, the Carleton men’s cross country team was recognized as an All-Academic team by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association. The Knights posted a 3.52 cumulative grade-point average for the 2013 fall term, the 12th-best figure in the nation.