Cuts for Cancer 2009
Please join us at Cuts for Cancer 2009!
Monday, March 2nd
Severance Great Hall
Cuts for Cancer is ACT's annual event designed to raise awareness about cancer and cancer treatments, raise financial donations to give to organizations devoted to cancer research, and provide hair for those suffering from long-term or permanent hair loss.
Local stylists donate their time to give haircuts to students, staff and faculty in order to raise money for the Ted Mullin Memorial Fund at the University of Chicago. Ted Mullin was a member of the class of 2006 who died of cancer. The memorial fund benefits pediatric cancer research. The suggested donation for a haircut is $20. You will also be able to donate your hair to Locks of Love.
This year, in addition to haircuts, we will be offering the opportunity to get 15 minute chair massages. Again, local massage therapists are donating their time for this great cause. A suggested donation of $10 is encouraged for all massages.
Last year, we raised $1,312 for the Ted Mullin Memorial Fund and 18 people donated their hair to Locks of Love! You can help us make this year's event even more of a success if you:
- Donate you hair (check out the information below about hair donation)
- Shave your head in support of someone who has battled with cancer
- Make a pledge for a friend
- Get a trim or cut and donate money to cancer research
- Get a massage and donate the money to cancer research
- Volunteer on the day of the event (Click here to volunteer)
- Sign-up for a half-hour time slot to cut or trim your hair, donate 10 inches of hair to Locks of Love, or shave your head. (Suggested donation of $20). Or sign-up for a 15 minute chair massage. (Suggested donation of $10).
- If you are donating 10 inches of hair, check out this information before the day of the event.
- Frequently asked questions.
- Learn about current research on cancer, with a focus on childhood cancer.
- See photos from Cuts for Cancer 2007!