Tutor Position Description
Northfield Reads and Counts Tutor
Community-Based Work Study Coordinator
To motivate and guide Northfield students’ academic success through weekly tutoring sessions.
- Commit to work scheduled hours every week as a Tutor.
- Attend training sessions.
- Assist individual students or small groups with academic needs.
- Meet all program expectations, including paperwork, dress code, background check, standards of conduct and attendance policies
- Attend one continuing education training session per semester
- Meet with supervisor once during each term.
- Participate in program evaluation.
- Desire to motivate and assist students
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to give and receive instruction
- Must pass a Minnesota criminal background check
- Must qualify for federal work-study or state work-study to work as a paid tutor