Managing Your Land For Wildlife: A Workshop on Creating and Managing Wildlife Habitat
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Olin Hall, Carleton College
This workshop provided information to help landowners improve the wildlife habitat on their property and was sponsored jointly by the Carleton College Cowling Arboretum and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. The presentation materials for each session are available here.
Putting your land into the context of the landscape & developing a plan (Emily Hutchins, Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources)
Getting assistance—Technical and Financial (Joe Stangel, Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources)
- Wetland Restoration (Mike Malling, US Fish and Wildlife Service)
- Woodland Restoration (Randy Schindle, Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources)
- Grassland Restoration (Rich Biske, The Nature Conservancy)
- Savanna Restoration (Jaime Edwards, Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources)
- Lakeshore Restoration (Phil Nasby, Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources)
- Terrestrial Invasive Plants (Nancy Braker, Carleton College)
Partial funding for this workshop was provided by the Xcel Energy Foundation.