Browse the Media Archive
- Created 3 October 1980; Published 4 June 2008Symposium: David Hollinger - The Animated Slide Rule
David Hollinger gives his talk on "The Animated Slide Rule" at the Authority of Experts Symposium held in the Fall of 1980.
- Created 3 October 1980; Published 30 May 2008Symposium: Eliot Friedson - Are the Professions Necessary?
Eliot Friedson gives the first talk in the Authority of Experts Symposium held in the Fall of 1980. His talk is entitled, "Are the Professions Necessary?"
- Created 3 October 1980; Published 4 June 2008Symposium: Dorothy Ross - American Social Scientists and the Myth of Progress
Dorothy Ross gives a talk about social sciences in the 19th century at the Authority of Experts Symposium in Fall 1980. Her talk is entitled "American Social Scientists and the Myth of Progress."
- Created 28 March 1980; Published 17 February 2006Convocation: John Dyer-Bennett - Assorted Nonsense
Mathematics Professor John Dyer-Bennett speaks about how we understand nonsense and logical nonsense.
- Created 13 October 1979; Published 19 June 2006Sayles Hill Dedication
Sayles Hill Dedication
- Created 13 October 1978; Published 17 February 2006Opening Convocation: Ada Mae Harrison
- Created 8 September 1977; Published 19 June 2006Opening Convocation: Robert Edwards
President Robert Edwards speaks about how Carleton will have to change it's educational approach and focus in response to growing changes in the world.
- Created 3 September 1977; Published 19 June 2006Freshman Convocation: Dean Harriet Sheridan
Harriet Sheridan, Academic Dean of the College, addresses the incoming freshman class on the challenges that they may face and gives advice on how to deal with them.
- Created 22 September 1976; Published 5 February 2009Sara Caldwell, Lucas Lecturer, on Opera
Sara Caldwell, Lucas Lecturer and professor of Music at Boston University, speaks about the need for government support and funding in the performing arts.
- Created 10 June 1976; Published 28 April 2008Commencement 1976
1976 Commencement with Jackson Bryce, Steve Gallovich, Robert Matthews, Ana Taylor, and Richard Cantwell as speakers
- Created 15 January 1976; Published 27 October 2008American Revolution Mini-Symposium
A lecture and panel discussion concerning the American Revolution in a comparative perspective for its 200th anniversary.
- Created 4 October 1975; Published 17 February 2006Mudd Hall Dedication
Inauguration of Mudd Hall was leaded by President Howard, where Larry Gould also spoke.
- Created 31 October 1974; Published 28 May 2008Symposium: Edmond Bacon - The City as a Work of Art
Edmond Bacon is the first speaker in the symposium series. His talk is entitled "The City as a Work of Art."
- Created 8 June 1972; Published 29 April 2008Senior Convocation: David Porter - Out of the Cave
David Porter, Professor of Classics and Music at Carleton, addresses at Senior Convocation. The convocation speech is entitled "Out of the Cave."
- Created 20 January 1972; Published 29 October 2008Thursday Night Lecture Series: Saul Alinsky
Saul Alinsky speaks in the Carleton Chapel about organizing popular power in the middle class and on college campuses.