Browse the Media Archive
- Created 9 November 1966; Published 4 November 2008Atherton Bean: Career Conference, "Is a Puzzlement"
Atherton Bean, alumnus and chairman of the board of trustees, speaks to students about the myths and misconceptions of the business career.
- Created 12 October 1966; Published 7 March 2008Centennial Convocation: Lawrence M. Gould - Science and the Culture of our Times
Dr. Lawrence M. Gould addresses for Carleton’s Centennial Celebration. The convocation speech is entitled “Science and the Culture of our Times.”
- Created 6 February 1966; Published 7 November 2008John C. Bennett "Toward a Christian Humanism" Chapel Sermon
John C. Bennett gives a sermon in the chapel about the advancements of Christianity toward a more humanistic apporach over the past few decades.
- Created 5 January 1965; Published 25 March 2008Convocation: John Nason - Remodeling Old Buildings
President Nason speaks on remodeling plans, due to a growth spurt in attendance for the college.
- Created 1 June 1964; Published 27 March 2008Senior Convocation: Wayne Carver
Wayne Carver addresses at Senior Convocation, reminding Carleton seniors to move on without looking back.
- Created 3 June 1963; Published 19 June 2006Senior Convocation: John Nason
- Created 23 January 1963; Published 6 March 2008Convocation: Alan Hortor - Arab Socialism
Alan Hortor speaks on Arab socialism on January 23, 1963.
- Created 14 November 1962; Published 12 February 2009George J. Stigler- The Intellectual and the Marketplace
George J. Stigler, professor of Economics at University of Chicago, addresses the Intellectual's disdain of the marketplace and why this is an outdated and not necessary approach.
- Created 31 October 1962; Published 13 February 2009Wayne Booth: The Novel of Spiritual Quest
English Professor Wayne Booth from the University of Chicago gives a lecture about the novel as a spiritual quest.
- Created 23 October 1962; Published 9 January 2009Howard Nemerov Reads Poetry
Poet Howard Nemerov reads selections of his poetry at convocation.
- Created 23 October 1962; Published 9 January 2009Brand Blanshard: The Pros and Cons of Conformity
Philosopher Brand Blanshard speaks about conformity and its pros and cons in modern society.
- Created 9 October 1962; Published 7 September 2006Rockwell Challenge Speech: George Lincoln Rockwell - Nazism: The Only Answer to Communism
Brought to Carleton by Challenge, American Nazi Party founder George Lincoln Rockwell speaks about the rationale behind his racist views. His speech is entitled "Nazism: The Only Answer to Communism."
- Created 8 October 1962; Published 7 September 2006Rockwell Press Conference
Press Conference held on the date of George Lincoln Rockwell's speech at Carleton College.
- Created 14 June 1962; Published 30 June 2006Commencement 1962
- Created 28 April 1962; Published 23 January 2009John Nason Convocation Prior to Inauguration
Upon President Gould's retirement, John W. Nason is introduced to the students of Carleton during a convocation prior to his inauguration as the new president of the college. He gives a short speech.