Academic Support Center
The mission of the Academic Support Center (ASC) is to support and guide all Carleton students in their pursuit of academic excellence. ASC programs and services provided students with individual and group opportunities to develop as active learners. ASC professional and student staff challenge students to explore their own ideas through critical thinking and problem-solving.
We engage in this process by acting as listeners, collaborators, guides, and facilitators. The ASC provides assistance through the Carleton Writing Center, individual ESL tutoring, the Prefect Program, and the Math Skills Center. We also offer individualized academic tutoring and study skills coaching by request.
All ASC programs and services are free. The Carleton Writing Center and the Math Skills Center are open to all students. For help in other areas, please refer to the appropriate web page. If you are not sure where to turn, contact Denice Stocker, Program Assistant, Academic Support Center, or Kathy Evertz, Director of the Academic Support Center.
- Meet the staff of the ASC!
- Time management, study, and test-preparation skills coaching
- Information and resources for students requesting academic tutoring from the ASC department.
- Students taking math courses can ask for assistance at the Math Skills Center
- Prefects are students who run study sessions in certain challenging courses
- Tutoring for second language writers is available through the ASC
- Coaching on public speaking (class presentations, comps talks, etc.)
- Writing Center home