Welcome to the Carleton College Business Office Website
The Business Office is dedicated to serving the financial needs of the College and helps to support overall operations by providing friendly and efficient financial services to students, faculty and staff. Students may pay tuition, room/board, and other miscellaneous fees at the office. The Business Office also processes payroll, vendor invoice payments, and employee travel and expense reimbursements. This website provides information regarding policies, procedures, forms, and answers to frequently asked questions.
Year-End Reminders from the Business Office
Congratulations to our students, faculty, and staff on another academic year filled with accomplishments! June marks not only the end of our academic year, but also the end of our fiscal year on June 30. We would like to remind you of a few housekeeping items before you leave campus.
- We encourage all campus employees to make sure all College purchase orders, invoices, employee expense reimbursement requests, travel expense reports, travel advance receipts, and all deposits are submitted to the Business Office before you leave campus for the summer.
- Year-end deposits must be submitted by 2:00 p.m. on June 30. The cashier will open at 10:00 a.m. on July 1 for the new fiscal year 2016-2017!
- All vendor invoices, employee expense reimbursements and Visa statements for the month of June (or earlier months) must be submitted to Accounts Payable by noon on July 14 (or sooner!) to ensure they are posted to the appropriate fiscal year.
- Year-end purchases should be scheduled for delivery well in advance of June 30th to ensure posting to the current fiscal year. Goods and services received or performed after July 1st must be recorded to the new fiscal year.
- Reports for FY 2016 operating budgets will be ready for final review July 21. Submit journal entry requests for any adjustments to your account pertaining to FY 2016 by July 28.
- Faculty Development Account (FDA) holders should review their budgets on The Hub for accuracy and send corrections to the Business Office by July 28.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Business Office at x7095. Thank you for your support as we work to close our fiscal year in a timely and accurate manner.