Web Time Entry for Employees
Carleton College bi-weekly employees enter time and submit hours worked for supervisor approval using a web-based process called Web Time Entry.
ENTERING TIME WORKED:
- Please enter your time on a daily basis.
- From the Carleton College Faculty & Staff web site select The Hub.
- Click Log In in the upper right corner and enter your Carleton User ID and password.
- Click the Employees box located in the upper right.
- Under the section labeled Time Entry and Approval, select "Time Entry" to access your time sheet.
- Click on the box in the “Choose Only One” column to choose the pay period for which you want to enter time and then click “Submit.”
- NOTE: At the end of one pay period and the beginning of the next pay period you will see two choices of pay periods. Please note the dates and pick the one for which you will be entering time for.
- Enter the time you start and stop working each day. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Submit button. Your total hours worked will be calculated for you (including overtime).
- Report your time in digital format HH:MM AM or PM format (example: 07:30AM, 12:00PM)
- Round all time to the nearest 15 minute increment
- If you need more than two lines for a day, insert another line by clicking on the "Insert Line" box on the right of the screen
- At the end of each session, click “Submit.”
- At the end of the pay period, once you have completed all of your entries, click on the box near the bottom where it says “Checking this box becomes your electronic signature….” Then click “Submit.”
- Time sheets must be approved and submitted by Noon on Monday morning.
- Submitting your electronic signature will advance your time sheet to your supervisor for review and approval. If your supervisor makes changes to your time sheet, you will receive a notice of those changes.
- Report vacation hours under “Annual Leave.”
- Report sick hours and other sick hours (i.e. spouse or adult child) under “Sick.”
- Report all other leaves under “Other Time Hours” and select the “Other Time Types” from the drop down list. Examples are:
- Civic Duty
- Floating Holiday
- Funeral Leave – Family (used for Immediate and Extended Family)
- Funeral Leave – Other
- College Holiday Worked
- College Holiday Not Worked
- Union call back
- Workers Compensation (must be approved by HR prior to reporting)
- FMLA- Family Medical Leave Act (must be approved by HR prior to reporting)
Your accrued leave balances are detailed at the top of the screen. Only Annual Leave; Sick and Floating Holiday accrue positive balance. Other negative balances do not apply.
E-mail your supervisor to document details for sick or funeral as needed.
What if I don’t approve and submit my time sheet on time?
You may not be paid on a timely basis. Contact your supervisor for assistance. Your supervisor will work with you to ensure you are able to use time reporting effectively in the future. If your supervisor is not able to access your timesheet because the pay period has closed, your supervisor will request a manual timesheet from the Payroll Office.
Will I receive a reminder when my time sheet is due?
Yes! You will receive an e-mail reminder from the payroll office to assist you with timely reporting.
Why did my time sheet disappear from the selection screen?
You approved your time for the pay period. If you accidentally approve your time before the end of the pay period is complete you will need to contact your supervisor to reject your time sheet in order for you to complete the pay period.
What if I entered time incorrectly?
During the pay period you can correct time entered yourself.
After the pay period has closed and you have already approved your time you should contact your supervisor immediately for assistance. They will assist with correcting your time. If your supervisor has already approved and submitted your time they will need to contact the payroll office for assistance.
What if my supervisor is gone at the end of the payroll?
Each employee is assigned an alternate supervisor who can review and approve their time. Contact them directly if you do not receive confirmation that your time has been approved. If you do not have an alternate supervisor please contact the payroll office for assistance.
For Union Employees Only:
How do I report Call In (no return to campus)?
If you have been asked to call in but do not return to campus, report your time in and time out, as you would regular time.
How do I report Call Back (return to campus)?
If you are asked to return to campus, report your time in and your time out, as you would regular time. If you are called back for less than 2 hours, report the difference between your time worked and 2 hours as Other Time Hours and select Other Time Type Union Call Back. If you work more than 2 hours report only time in and time out.
- Example: I worked my regular 8 hour schedule. I was called back to campus that same day. I worked for 1 hour and returned home.
Time In Time Out Other Time Other Time Type Column title 8:00am 12:00pm 1:00pm 5:00pm Insert a Line 8:00pm 9:00pm 1 Union Call Back
How do I report Workers Compensation or FMLA?
If you filed a claim for leave under Workers Compensation or the Family Medical Leave Act and received notification from the Human Resources Office that your leave has been approved, you will report the leave as Other Time Hours and select the applicable Other Time Type (either Workers Compensation or FMLA) as directed by the Human Resources Office.