A Carleton College department or student organization can reserve a table location in Sayles-Hill Great Space Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. during the academic term. Tables are typically used to promote an event, bring awareness to a campus or local issue, fundraise or register for an upcoming event.
To reserve a table, please review the policies and steps to reserving a table below (NOW ONLINE!).
- After hours and weekend reservations are not available.
- Tables need to be reserved 24 hours in advance.
- Table at your designated location. Each reservation will receive one 6 foot table and 2 chairs. Your table will be labeled with your department/organization.
- Table signage should be placed behind your table using the tack strips.
- No tape should be placed on the tables.
- We do not accept reservations for local business or off-campus organizations. However, if you receive sponsorship from a campus department or organization, the department/organization can make a table reservation on your behalf. There is no fee if you are sponsored.
Reserving a Table (NOW ONLINE)
- Log into virtual EMS using your Carleton ID and password.
- Please note: If you have never used the college online reservation system, you will get a pending account notification. You will be approved within 24 hours and will be able to move forward with any future reservations.
- Click on Reservations.
- Click on Room Request.
- Complete the form fields for WHEN & WHERE. For the facility location, select Sayles-Hill Tabling
- Under SET-UP, select 1 for attendance and standard/as is for the set-up type.
- Click on Find Space.
- A list of available tables will appear. Select the table location you want to reserve. Click here for a map of the specific locations in Sayles-Hill Great Space. Note: If no tables appear, there are no tables available on the date you selected.
- Click Submit Reservation.
- You will be directed to the details page; you must fill out all form fields with a red asterisk, and then click Submit Reservation.
Note: If your student group is not listed choose Other-Student.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Student Activities Office once your reservation has been confirmed.
Table Signage Supplies:
If you need banner paper for signage at your table, supplies and a creation station are available in the Student Activities Office during business hours (9:00 am. - 6:00 p.m., M-F) or you may print them at Printing Services.