Organizations: All qualitative work was done in collaboration with existing Northfield business organizations. For the most part, leaders expressed satisfaction with cooperation among them, though they represent both overlapping and competing interests.
- Chamber of Commerce- Broad membership of diverse businesses and individuals; provides networking, training, and general advocacy.*
- Economic Development Authority (EDA)- Focus on industrial and commercial development; provides support for development including loans and grants; goals to create jobs and expand tax base.*
- Northfield Downtown Development Corporation (NDDC)- Nonprofit organization representing downtown businesses; offers training, networking, and forum for discussion; promotes local shopping and unique character of downtown.*
- Northfield Enterprise Center (NEC)- Provides growth support for businesses of all sizes, new and existing; focus on planning and financial advice; oversees College Board of Business Consultants (CBBC); funded in part by EDA.*
- Rural (Latino) Enterprise Center- Works to create a positive environment for Latino businesses in rural communities; coordinates outreach, planning, training, technical assistance, and access to capital.
* Organizations represented in qualitative data.