Resources for Student Transportation
Getting to and from ACE project sites
Questions? Contact Cindy Plash, Administrative Assistant for Community and Civic Engagement, email@example.com
- It’s good for you, and many of our sites are not far away from the Carleton campus. You can find help planning your route here.
- Many sites, including all Northfield schools, have bike parking facilities. Northfield bike trails can be viewed on the city’s website.
- Carleton students working on ACE projects may obtain free fare tokens using the online Voucher/Token Request Form from campus services. To get tokens, fill out the online form and pick them up at the Information Desk in Sayles (M–F 9AM–6PM, Sat/Sun 11AM–4PM).
- Each token is for a one-way ride
- Pick-up and drop-off is at Willis Hall
- Campus vehicles are available for projects or ACE classes that are outside the Northfield/Dundas area and is not serviced by public transportation.
- Requests should be made as early as possible and at least 48 hours (Monday-Friday) prior to need.
- You or someone in your group must be a trained Campus Driver. View the requirements for eligible drivers.
- You and anyone traveling with you must complete the Release and Waiver form prior to travel. Form link - Release and Waiver Form
- For access to the Twin Cities for student projects, Northfield Metro Express provides regular bus service from the Carleton Campus to various locations in the Twin Cities.
- Student passes are available, but funding is not automatic and single tickets cost $11. If you need to use this option for your ACE course, please contact Cindy Plash to see if it is possible.
- For transportation within the Twin Cities region, consult the Metro Transit website.
First Choice Shuttle (vouchers)
First Choice Shuttle offers taxi service within the City limits during day and evening hours on weekdays and weekends. The number for First Choice Shuttle is 507-645-4447.
- Carleton students working on ACE courses can receive shuttle vouchers for transportation within Northfield.
- To get vouchers, fill out the Voucher/Token Request Form and pick them up at the Information Desk in Sayles (M–F 9AM–6PM, Sat/Sun 11AM–4PM).
- Each voucher is for a one-way ride
- Call 1–24 hours in advance to reserve your ride
- Pick up and drop off is at Willis Hall (door to door pick-up/drop-off can be arranged if necessary)
- If there is more than one student in a group, you may all share one voucher