Jack Lindberg ’08 is helping a group of local eighth graders research, write, and edit a book about the James-Younger Gang’s 1876 escape route from Northfield. "The point is to teach them to do it on their own. I’m there to assist and guide them."
Carleton's Campaign Initiatives
This campaign focuses on three strategic initiatives:
- For investments in faculty: $33 million
- To enhance faculty development: $18 million
- To support student/faculty research opportunities: $4 million
- To globalize the Carleton experience: $15 million
- For investments in student leadership programs: $20 million
- For investments in domestic student aid: $60 million
- For investments in international student aid: $30 million
- To build a consciously creative campus: $35 million
- For renovating buildings and upgrading technology: $35 million
- For improvements and additions to student residences: $10 million
- For investing in sustainability initiatives: $10 million
Annual fund dollars provide the essential resources to move ahead with some of Carleton’s ambitious plans even as capital and endowment funds are being raised.