Support for Summer Curricular Reform from QuIRK
In Summer 2015, QuIRK will again support faculty working to enhance quantitative reasoning instruction in assignments and courses. We are especially interested in assignments/courses that encourage students to think about the rhetorical aspects of using numbers in argument which would be possible “Quantitative Reasoning Encounters” in the new curriculum. If you have an idea for how one of your courses can be modified to encourage students to think and write better with numbers, please submit a proposal. (For examples of past revisions, check out http://serc.carleton.edu/quirk/quantitative_writing/examples.html.) Grants of $1200 (two-weeks’ support) are available for course revisions.
Proposal deadline is February 9, 2015.
For more information on these opportunities check out http://serc.carleton.edu/quirk/CarletonResources/grant_opportunities.html.
- CArtT (Carleton Arts and Technology) Grants
- Curricular Innovation Grants
- Global Engagement Initiative Grants
- Support for Summer Curricular Reform from QuIRK
- Writing Across the Curriculum Grants
- Large Faculty Development Endowment (FDE) Grants & Class of 1949 Endowed Fund for Faculty Development
- Targeted Opportunity Grants
- Small Faculty Development Endowment (FDE) Grants
- Puzak Fund for Experiential Learning and Community Engagement
- Broadening the Bridge
- Middle East Studies Grants
- Future Learning Technologies Group