Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes at Carleton
The Education and Curriculum Committee (ECC) is responsible for overseeing the College's academic assessment at the institution and department/program level. This work is supported by the offices of the Dean of the College and Institutional Research and Assessment. The office of Institutional Research and Assessment maintains a complementary webpage that describes several surveys in which the College participates, data describing Carleton, and resources related to the national conversation on assessment.
- Carleton's mission, vision, values and goals serve as the starting point for our academic goals and desired learning outcomes
- These six institutional learning outcomes, which are drawn from the academic goals section of the College’s Mission, form the basis for our assessment plan.
- A look at the intersection between Carleton student learning outcomes and our new graduation requirements.
- Details of Carleton's plan and process.
- Learn more about the role of department and program assessment.