Support for Summer Curricular Reform from QuIRK
In Summer 2014, QuIRK will again support faculty working to enhance quantitative reasoning instruction in assignments and courses. We are especially interested in assignments/courses that encourage students to think about the rhetorical aspects of using numbers in argument which would be possible “Quantitative Reasoning Encounters” in the new curriculum. (For examples of past revisions, check out http://serc.carleton.edu/quirk/quantitative_writing/examples.html.) Grants of $1200 (two-weeks’ support) are available for course revisions. If you have an idea for how one of your courses can be modified to encourage students to think and write better with numbers, please submit a 2-3 paragraph proposal to Mija Van Der Wege (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 1, 2014.
Also submit the electronic Internal Grant Application Cover Sheet.
For more information on these opportunities check out http://serc.carleton.edu/quirk/CarletonResources/grant_opportunities.html.
- CArtT (Carleton Arts and Technology) Grants
- Curriculum Development Fund
- Large Faculty Development Endowment (FDE) Grants & Class of 1949 Endowed Fund for Faculty Development
- Puzak Fund for Experiential Learning and Community Engagement
- Small Faculty Development Endowment (FDE) Grants
- Support for Summer Curricular Reform from QuIRK
- Targeted Opportunity Grants
- Writing Across the Curriculum Grants