Writing Across the Curriculum Grants
There are two summer grant opportunities funded by the Writing Program.
- Writing Across the Curriculum Grants will fund faculty for up to 6 weeks ($3,600) in the Summer of 2014 to design or redesign courses that will provide writing assignments suitable for the sophomore portfolio or for writing in the major. One grant can support an individual faculty member, or grants can be divided or combined for two or more faculty working in teams. Proposals from interdisciplinary teams or for department-wide projects are welcome. Proposals may address courses at all levels, although preference will be given to proposals directed toward the Argument & Inquiry seminars or WR2 courses. Successful proposals have ranged from revision of existing courses to development of new courses (some interdisciplinary), creation of a departmental writing guide, and department-level reviews of writing in the major. Grant recipients will be expected to participate in the Writing-Across-the-Curriculum Workshop (December, 2014) and the Portfolio Workshop (June 16-18, 2014). (All faculty participants in those workshops receive stipends.) Submit proposals of no more than 1,000 words to Carol Rutz, Director of the Writing Program, with a copy to the department chair. Proposals will be reviewed by the WAC Advisory Board and the Dean of the College. Deadline: February 1, 2014.
- Follow-up funds for Summer 2014 will be available to support the writing and submission of articles based on the design and implementation of courses developed with Bush funds during Summer 2001-2013. Submit proposals for one to two weeks of support ($600 - $1,200) to Carol Rutz, with a copy to the department chair. Proposals will be reviewed by the WAC Advisory Board and the Dean of the College. Deadline: February 1, 2014.
Also submit the electronic Internal Grant Application Cover Sheet.
Please call Carol Rutz (x4082) with questions.
- CArtT (Carleton Arts and Technology) Grants
- Curricular Innovation Grants
- Global Engagement Initiative Grants
- Large Faculty Development Endowment (FDE) Grants & Class of 1949 Endowed Fund for Faculty Development
- Puzak Fund for Experiential Learning and Community Engagement
- Small Faculty Development Endowment (FDE) Grants
- Support for Summer Curricular Reform from QuIRK
- Targeted Opportunity Grants
- Writing Across the Curriculum Grants