Money for Projects
NEED MONEY FOR A PROJECT ?
Carleton College is pleased to announce that we have two modest funds with which to support student projects: The Parents Fund for Academic Excellence (Research-related) and the Tiny Toni Grant (Arts-related).
Note: Only one grant per Carleton-enrolled student per year will be considered from these funds.
Activities the college will consider funding from the Parents Fund for Academic Excellence include:
- Travel to and from conferences in which students have been invited to participate;
- Publication, communication and project expenses;
- Travel to sites where research is being conducted; and
- In rare instances, travel to libraries holding special
The College may award up to $250 per student on a first-come first-served basis to help defray the cost of travel to conferences, travel to a research site, or project expenses. Interested students may apply by submitting the following:
- A narrative description of the proposed program of research, no longer than one single-spaced page, describing the nature of the project in non-technical language;
- A Funding Request form which includes a budget, including other sources from which you have requested support);
- A current unofficial transcript;
- Where relevant, a letter of invitation to participate and/or confirmation that travel to another institution for specific material is necessary;
- Where relevant, Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval;
- A letter of support from a faculty member who can evaluate the content of the project. Have faculty member mail their letter to Karen Moldenhauer, Administrative Assistant, Dean of the College Office, Laird 131.
NOTE: Items 1 through 4 are to be submitted together to Karen Moldenhauer in Laird 131, Dean of the College/Office of Student Fellowships.
Proposals are reviewed upon submission of the above, and you will be notified within a week or two.
Thanks to the generosity of family and friends of Toni Sostek, a beloved teacher who passed away in January, 1996, after a distinguished career in dance and choreography, The Carleton Tiny Toni has been established.
The Tiny Toni is a small grant designed for students who want to use art to enrich their own and others’ lives. Grants of up to $200 will support projects in any of the arts: English, theatre, dance, music, media studies and art. The grants may be used for a wide range of activities, and are awarded on a first-come first-served basis.
Interested students may apply by submitting the following to Karen Moldenhauer, Administrative Assistant, Dean of the College Office, Laird 131.
- A proposal of not more than 250 words;
- A faculty letter of support to endorse your proposal and your ability to carry out the project, if applicable;
- A budget.
Questions? Call x4300 or email email@example.com.
After completion of your project, please fill out the Funding Benefits student summary and email it to Karen Moldenhauer. This information is provided as a courtesy to our donors.