- Providing information and referrals about college-wide requirements and regulations, departmental major requirements, prerequisites, and academic support services.
- Explaining procedures related to registration.
- Being available during new student week, staffing the Majors Fair, and otherwise on call to answer questions and provide assistance.
- Being available at some time during advising days for each term to answer questions about courses and registration.
- Referring students whom they cannot assist to the proper office or department.
- Being available to sophomores to answer questions about majors.
- Meeting with prospective students in groups for the Admissions Office if asked.
- Attending orientation and training sessions and meeting as needed to discuss and evaluate the program.