- "Super Heroics": artist's talk by Mark Newport, Arizona State University
- Arizona artist Mark Newport expresses his ideas about male identity in American society, “Turning the superhero inside out is a way for me to present an understanding of masculinity," says Newport. "Superheroes suggest strength, but knitting them or covering them with embroidery provides a softness that is contradictory to their image."
- 7:30 pm, Boliou Hall Auditorium, room 104
- Art Opening: Gender Stitchery
- Join us at an opening reception for an exhibition of knit and sewn works exploring gender roles and stereotypes, decorative arts conventions and craft traditions, and labor practices.
- 8:30 pm, Art Gallery (Lower Level, Music & Drama Center)
- Northfield Art Crawl
- 6:00 pm, Art Gallery (Lower Level, Music & Drama Center) and other venues in Northfield
- Artist's talk: "Piece-a-cake: the DIY attitude in a hands-off culture"
- Christie Hawkins, St. Olaf College, talks in conjunction with the Art Gallery exhibition Gender Stitchery
- 4:30 pm, Gould Library Athenæum