Haiti Relief Carleton
Haiti Relief Carleton is a coordinated effort between various student groups at Carleton College, with a goal of effectively coordinating the response and relief efforts of the Carleton community.
Haiti Relief Carleton meets every Wednesday at 8:00PM in Weitz 230 to plan our efforts. Join us!
To join our mailing list e-mail Leah Eby (email@example.com).
Haiti Relief Carleton is part of a Carleton-St. Olaf-Northfield group that works on organizing events for the entire community. Some of the things that the Haiti Justice Alliance of Northfield has accomplished already include:
- Hosted Margaret Trost, founder of What If? Foundation (http://whatiffoundation.org/), raised close to $10,000 as a result
- Hosted informational panels on Haiti at St. Olaf and Carleton Colleges
- Hosted a community-wide fundraiser concert at The Grand in Northfield with local and regional bands
- Supported student Haiti earthquake relief efforts at Northfield High School, Carleton, and St. Olaf
- Hosted Joia Mukherjee, the Medical Director of Partners in Health (www.pih.org)
- Organized Haiti Human Rights Week in February 2011 which included hosting Brian Sirchio (founder of Crosswinds Music Ministries and Haiti activist) and Brian Concannon (Director of the Institute for Justice & Democracy in Haiti), in addition to other presentations and film showings