Welcome to the Office of Human Resources
Our Mission Statement
The goal of the Carleton College office of Human Resources is to foster an open work environment in which all employees feel welcomed, respected, and recognized for their contributions. Through a strong recruitment program, we seek a talented and competitive workforce that exemplifies diversity and teamwork.
The HR office provides service in the areas of employment, compensation, labor and employee relations, management consultation, training, benefits and HR information management systems to all Carleton College employees. Our department is committed to the highest standards of service and is continuously seeking to improve in all of these areas. Our office seeks to provide support to all employees, as well as effective and efficient communication of Carleton College policies and procedures.
What's New in Human Resources?
For New Employees-- "First Year Information" (FYI) Series
The "First Year Information" (FYI) Series is for employees with less than one year of employment to bring them "on board" with learning about Carleton. The series consists of three sessions within the employees first year that will cover many of the departments, services, training, benefits, people, and other information to help them work and thrive at Carleton.
There will be one session each term and each session has different information regarding Carleton. The next session will be held May 29 starting at 9:30 am in the AGH meeting room. Each session will provide lunch for all participants.
If you are a new employee to Carleton within the past year or an employee that would like to learn more about Carleton and would like to attend this event please contact Melanie at email@example.com to participate!
New Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Company for Carleton: LifeScope EAP
The Wellness Corporation has been acquired by a new EAP company-E4 health. Our EAP plan has been rebranded to LifeScope.
The access number to the helpline will stay the same at 800-828-6025.
All features of the EAP program remain in place. Current features include:
- 24/7 confidential access to licensed, master's-level clinicians
- Free, short-term counseling for emotional well-being issues such as stress, depression, grief, substance misuse, family/marital/relationship, career challenges, and more
- Family and caregiving consultation, resources and referrals for child care, elder care and pet care needs
- Phone consultation and online tools for legal and financial issues
- Tips, resources, and referrals for wellness service providers, fitness centers, healthy lifestyle supports and more
- Robust website featuring articles, assessments, webinars, financial calculators, searchable databases, skill builders and more
If you have questions, please contact Melanie Ulrich (x7142) or Andrea Zunkel (x5989).