The Weitz Center for Creativity houses a mix of academic departments, faculty and staff members, and academic initiatives. So who’s there?
- Theater and Dance and Cinema and Media Studies now enjoy new homes near their performance and production spaces.
- Art and Art History gained a drawing studio and office and work space for faculty members. The department’s main home remains Boliou Hall.
Faculty In Residence
Residencies, ranging from one to three years, encourage collaborative work by providing faculty office space in the Weitz Center. The inaugural group includes:
- Barbara Allen, political science
- Tricia Ferrett, chemistry and Learning and Teaching Center fellow
- Susan Jaret McKinstry, English and Visualizing the Liberal Arts co-director
- Sigi Leonhard, German
- Greg Marfleet, political science
- Susannah Ottaway, history and Humanities Center director
- Rod Rodman, music
- The Humanities Center cultivates intellectual and cultural life at the College through innovative research, interdisciplinary collaboration, and diverse programming.
- Visualizing the Liberal Arts examines the role of the visual in a liberal arts curriculum.
- The Perlman Center for Learning and Teaching promotes innovation and best practices in teaching and learning through coordinated programs for faculty members.
- Puzak Family Director of the Arts Steve Richardson ’86 promotes collaboration and discipline-based arts exploration, and supports the arts as a vital part of the Carleton education experience.
- Presentation, Events, and Production Support offers expert assistance with classroom technologies, videotaping of classes and events, media production, and audio/visual equipment.
- Reference librarians and Information Technology Services staff members offer scheduled support hours and workshops, primarily in the Gage/Bauer IdeaLab.