Intercultural Center Guidelines
Stimson House is the Intercultural Center for Carleton College.
As the Intercultural Center, Stimson House is open to the entire Carleton community and their friends.
- Stimson House is open to the community
until 12:00 midnight Sunday through Thursday
until 2:00 a.m. on Friday and Saturday
- An attitude of respect is expected and practiced at the Intercultural Center
- Respect for the Intercultural Centers ideology and purpose.
- Respect for the facility.
- Respect for all visitors to the Intercultural Center and for their opinions.
- Respect for the residents of Stimson House.
- Public spaces are smoke and alcohol free. This includes the basement, conference room, kitchen, and main lounge. If you must smoke outside, please remember to clean up after yourself.
- Individuals and groups are responsible for the condition of spaces reserved for events. All guests who use Stimson House are asked not to remove items from the premises without approval from the Office of Intercultural Life and are expected to return rooms used to their original configuration and condition. Guests are also expected to maintain the facility's cleanliness.
- Space in Stimson House is available for events, lounging, and studying.
Spaces available include the main lounge, the conference room, the kitchen, and the basement.
- All events must be scheduled through the Office of Intercultural Life in Scoville and will be monitored by the Program Assistant on duty.
- Events to be held on the weekend are to be scheduled by 2:00 p.m. on Friday afternoon and are subject to space availability (first-come, first-served).
- Scheduled events take precedence over other uses of public space.
- Failure to observe these rules can lead to a loss in some or all of the privileges an individual or group may have to the house.
There are no items available.