Carleton College Investment Office
The Carleton College endowment is a pool of investments that provides a permanent source of income for the College. Funded by gifts to the College as well as investment growth, the endowment is the financial cornerstone of Carleton's excellence.
Each year, money from endowment earnings is used to support the College's annual operating budget--dramatically affecting the amount of financial aid available to students, the quality of our academic programs and facilities, and faculty salaries.
Carleton College's Investment Office is responsible for the day-to-day management of the endowment portfolio. Oversight is provided by the Investment Committee, a sub-committee of the Board of Trustees, who help develop the overall investment strategy for the endowment and monitor its performance. Together they work to strike the appropriate balance between generating income for the College's needs today and preserving capital for the benefit of future generations.
- Trustees who serve as members of the Investment Committee.
- Contact the Investment Office staff.
- The Carleton Responsible Investment Committee makes recommendations about the management of the endowment to the Board of Trustees that embody Carleton's values.
- Asset allocation of the endowment.
- Outlines the Endowment spending policy.
- See the endowment's ten largest public equity holdings.
- Give online or learn about other ways to contribute to Carleton.