Carleton uses Moodle as its learning management system; we are currently using version 2.4 for the 2013-14 academic year. Below are some of the more common questions, and links to further information.
Academic Technologists hold regular Drop-in Clinics, times when several of us are available to answer any questions that you have and help you get things done right there! The schedule of Drop-in Clinics is posted on the ITS Calendar.
Carleton's Moodle documentation can be found in Carlpedia.
Where can I find Moodle?
- Moodle is available at https://moodle2013-14.carleton.edu.
How do I move course materials from a previously taught course site to the one I will be teaching this term?
- You will want to backup the previous course site and then restore it to the new course site for this term. The Moodle archives are available on campus or via the VPN from off campus. We have prepared instructions and screencasts on Carlpedia to walk you through the process.
What's new in version 2.4 of Moodle?
- For the most part, the new version will not be that different than the AY 2012-13 version. But here are a few things you may notice:
- New, larger icons
- New features to Assignments (group assignments, blind marking, offline grading worksheets, ability to grant extensions by student)
- Increased server performance
Where can I learn more about Moodle?
- All Carleton Moodle documentation can be found in Carlpedia. Moodle.org also maintains some limited documentation on their site.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at AT@carleton.edu.