As with all technologies, it is a good idea to perform maintenance and upgrades to our Moodle server. These upgrades will help to increase performance on the server and also give some new features to use on your Moodle sites.
We will be upgrading to Moodle 2.4 Those interested in the details can read the Moodle 2.4 Release notes published by Moodle.org.
From July 1 to July 3, we will be performing maintenance and upgrades to our Moodle server. Please read below for details. Feel free to contact us at AT@carleton.edu if you have any questions!
What is happening?
- From Monday, July 1st to Wednesday, July 3rd, we will be performing maintenance and upgrades and the Moodle server will be unavailable for login. Please plan on not having Moodle access during this time.
Where will I find Moodle after the upgrade?
- The upgraded server will be available at https://moodle2013-14.carleton.edu.
Will my Moodle sites get moved to the new server?
- In most cases, yes! Course sites for AY 2013-14 and all non-Course sites will be moved forward to the new server. Course sites for AY 2012-13 will remain available in the Moodle archives, and will still be found at https://moodle2012-13.carleton.edu
What's new in the new version of Moodle?
- For the most part, the new version will not be that different than the AY 2012-13 version. But here are a few things you may notice:
- New, larger icons
- New features to Assignments (group assignments, blind marking, offline grading worksheets, ability to grant extensions by student)
- Increased server performance
Where can I learn more about Moodle?
- All Carleton Moodle documentation can be found in Carlpedia on the page called Moodle 2. ATs will be working on updating documentation at this site before the start of the school year. We will also be scheduling workshops at the end of August. Keep an eye out on the Moodle homepage for announcements!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at AT@carleton.edu.