Printing, Copying, Scanning and FAXing
Much of the information on this page is becoming outdated. It refers to equipment that has mostly been replaced on campus.
The information will remain here for awhile for those who still need it. (Jan, 2012)
Beginning in the summer of 2007, Carleton has been replacing all copiers and some printers with multi-function printers (MFPs) made by Xerox. These devices combine the traditional functions of copiers on campus with laser-printing and basic scanning features. The roll-out of the replacement, including information on the benefits to the College for this approach, were described in a Currently@Carleton article in July, 2007.
There are two models of MFPs on campus: the WorkCentre 4150 (black and white) and the WorkCentre 7132 (color). Specific documentation for the models can be found below:
- Information about department copy cards, training supplies, department copy cards, training,and other additional information regarding MFP and other printers. Please share this information with others in your area.
- This page contains solutions to frequent mechanical problems of MFP, paper jam, staple jam, and other troubles regarding to printing quality. Other problems such as administrative issues are posted on FAQ page.
- Using the scanning capabilities of the multi-function printers (MFPs)
- Information about available training for MFPs at Carleton.
- This is the main page for Fax-related information