Recently Found Online Image Collections
As I find useful resources online, I bookmark them in my del.icio.us link library. You can see the whole library here, but this page pulls out just the image-related resources for you. You can also subscribe to this feed to get automatic updates whenever I add a link to this page.
Back to the Art & Art History Subject Guide.
Image Collection Links
- Archive of images, texts, and other media about Uncle Tom's Cabin. The interface is a bit clunky, but the content is unique and wonderful.
- UCLA's digital collections. (includes sheet music, political posters, the Rat Spinal Cord Archive, and more)
- This page is the gateway to a unique collection of wide-field astronomical photographs, mostly made with the telescopes of the Anglo-Australian Observatory by David Malin.
- The Cooperative Digital Resources Initiative of the American Theological Library Association and Association of Theological Schools is a repository of digital resources contributed by member libraries.
- This wiki collects links to visual resources, organized by discipline, as mentioned by faculty in the report "Using Digital Images in Teaching and Learning: Perspectives from Liberal Arts Institutions" by David Green. Hopefully it will continue to grow.
- Carleton Image Collections contains digital collections from the College Archives, various departments and individuals on the Carleton campus. Users with valid campus logins can enter and use these collections.
- This collection commemorates the earliest years of the University of North Dakota. You will find historic photographs and documents dating back to 1883.
- Images and documents shared by over sixty cultural heritage organizations across the state. This site offers a broad view of Minnesota's history for researchers, educators, students, and the public.
- Records on all of the more than 110,000 objects and images of more than 6,000 objects in the collection are available online.