Data Web Sites from Delicious
The datasets listed here are ones that I have bookmarked recently using the free bookmarking site, delicious.
To see all the sites I've bookmarked, go to http://delicious.com/gouldsocialsci/data and use the tags to limit or perform a search.
To receive updates in your feed reader, subscribe to my RSS feed.
Latest Bookmarks to Data
- The title says it all. This is a blog post summary of the LIBER collection of case studies.
- An attempt to list the growing numbers of journals that publish about datasets.
- Instructions for using Zenodo to set up a DOI for your code on GitHub so that it is citable in research.
- Rather annoying article declaring that all forms of human inquiry are superseded by the emergence of bigger and better data.
- What do Ranganathan's reordered laws look like in terms of data?
- Sound, reproducible scholarship rests upon a foundation of robust, accessible data. For this to be so in practice as well as theory, data must be accorded due importance in the practice of scholarship and in the enduring scholarly record. In ... more
- Data Science: Research Frameworks for Data-Intensive Science, Analytical Tools and Data Stewardship
- "The DataTags system helps dataset owners handle their data properly. Using a user-friendly interview, the system what laws, regulations and contracts apply to a given dataset, and provides the dataset owner with a set of "DataTags", which explain what is ... more