Data Web Sites from Delicious
The datasets listed here are ones that I have bookmarked recently using the free bookmarking site, delicious.
To see all the sites I've bookmarked, go to http://delicious.com/gouldsocialsci/data and use the tags to limit or perform a search.
To receive updates in your feed reader, subscribe to my RSS feed.
Latest Bookmarks to Data
- "Reproducibility is a defining feature of science, but the extent to which it characterizes current research is unknown. We conducted replications of 100 experimental and correlational studies published in three psychology journals using high-powered designs and original materials when available."
- "the “Reproducibility Project: Psychology”, is the largest of a wave of collaborative attempts to replicate previously published work, following reports of fraud and faulty statistical analysis as well as heated arguments about whether classic psychology studies were robust. One such ... more
- "Trials with negative results are twice as likely to remain unreported as those with positive results. This means that people who make decisions about medicines don’t have full information about the benefits and risks of treatments we use every day."
- Two economists generously subject their research data to independent reanalysis and vital errors are found. Sharing data is what makes the scientific sharing of results possible. "Because scientists don’t care if you wear a white coat, or how many letters ... more
- An article about vital research results emerging from secondary use of data.
The Archival Advantage: Integrating Archival Expertise into Management of Born-digital Library MaterialsAn OCLC report on how the expertise of archivists is useful in managing born-digital materials from datasets to emails.
- "To be trustworthy, big data analytics must be governed. This requires organizations to assess the processes to assure they are fair and consistent with the intent of data protection laws. The information policy governance process has lagged the development of ... more
The Quantified Self; Newsfeed: Created by you?; Holding Crowds Accountable To The Public; EVE Online and World of Darkness | Berkman CenterVideo panel of 5 microsoft interns presenting their research
- Podcast about personal information, big data, and protecting your rights.