Welcome to the Perlman Center for Learning and Teaching
The Perlman Center for Learning and Teaching (the LTC) coordinates programs for new and experienced faculty, circulates new information about teaching theories and strategies, and helps to identify problems and suggest solutions for classroom practice. Learn more about the LTC and its mission.
Located in the Weitz Center for Creativity and the Arts, the LTC is home to a small library and reading room, open throughout the day while classes are in session. Drop by to read, research, or talk. But also think of the LTC as a metaphor for the creation of the quiet space and the free moments it takes to examine the work we do and why.
- The LTC's origins, mission, staff, and contact information.
- View the schedule of this term's LTC events, sign up for a book group, or submit a proposal for an event.
- Browse a wealth of resources on teaching and learning topics, including evaluation & assessment, quantitative literacy, syllabus design, service learning, and more.
- Information about the various campus initiatives sponsored or supported by the LTC.
- Information about services and programs the LTC provides for students, faculty, and staff.
- Services provided for students by the LTC, such as an extensive library providing information about learning styles and study skills.
- The LTC has a large collection of books, journals, periodicals, and audio visual materials, available for check-out and searchable from the Bridge library catalog, as well as archives of past events.
- Inauguration Speeches by Carleton's Presidents
- Learn about Carleton's Science Education Resource Center and St. Olaf College's Center for Innovation in the Liberal Arts.
- Celebration of Student Research
- Read The Chronicle of Higher Education online, here; print version is available in the LTC Library. This site is accessible to Carleton Faculty & Staff.