Peer Leaders at Carleton College
Carleton College employs hundreds of students in a variety of leadership roles. These student leaders are vital in providing important programs and services to the campus community. With the talent, energy and spirit of Carleton’s student leaders, the College stands well-positioned to provide a true liberal arts education that challenges students to “learn broadly and think deeply.”
Peer Leader Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other Peer Leaders, staff and faculty in creating a welcoming and inclusive campus community
- Provide resources and opportunities for students to pursue and reflect on experiences that prepare students for their post Carleton lives
- Serve as a positive role model and mentor to students
- Encourage students to explore and become involved in a variety of curricular and co-curricular activities on campus and in the community
- Be a positive source of energy and information to students
- Participate in combined Peer Leader training
- Be available to assist with the welcoming of students and their families during New Student Week (unless otherwise directed by your supervisor)
- Serve as an effective participant in small group settings during New Student Week (unless otherwise directed by your supervisor)
To this end, the Peer Leader Training Committee, was created to unify and strengthen the peer leader program. This Committee has two main goals: 1) to develop a successful and inclusive combined Peer Leader Training Program; and 2) to identify how to best utilize the talent, energy and spirit of the student leaders in assisting fellow students in a collaborative manner. In pursuing these goals, the Committee hopes to build camaraderie among student leaders, promote greater understanding of the varied resources available to students, and ultimately lead to a higher level of student satisfaction and development.
- An updated list of important dates
- Information about peer leader job opportunities and the hiring process
- Peer Leader Training Dates and Schedules
- The Peer Educator Program Request allows Peer Leaders and Offices from around campus to easily request programs/workshops to come to their staff meetings, floor meetings, study breaks, and other events. Would you like to request a program to come to your community/office?