Overall Goals of the Peer Leader Training Program
- Become a contributing member of the peer leader community.
- Identify self as a leader.
- Gain respect of fellow peer leaders.
- Learn how to better serve students in their roles as Peer Leaders.
- Gain the knowledge to be comfortable referring students to other peer leaders and the offices they represent.
- View themselves as positive role models for other students on campus.
- Gain a better appreciation for values, beliefs, and cultures that are different than their own.
The following events are intended to help meet the above goals:
Peer Leader Interest Fair
Come and check out all of the peer leader positions available for 2013-2014 and learn more about these leadership opportunities. The fair will be held on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at Noon to 1 p.m. in Great Hall. There will be current Peer Leaders on site to help get all of your questions answered! There will also be games, refreshments and treats.
How to ACE the Peer Leader Interview Workshop
The Peer Leader Training Committee will be hosting a session for prospective peer leader applicants to learn about the Peer Leader interview process, learn tips and suggestions for how to best prepare for the interview, and learn the proper etiquette and attire for an interview. The workshop is scheduled for Monday, February 25 from 7-8pm in Olin 141.
May Kick-Off Celebration
For Peer Leaders hired for the 2013-2014 academic year, we will be hosting a May Celebration to kick-off the upcoming year. You'll start to bond with your staff, get to know a variety of peer leaders and learn more about your role for next year. The Celebration will be held on Tuesday, May 21 from 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (location TBD).
Fall Peer Leader Conference
All Peer Leaders will come together for the Fall Peer Leader Conference. The conference is scheduled for the evening of September 8 and all day on September 9. This is an opportunity to get to know others in Peer Leader positions so you can better collaborate throughout the year, as well as learn new skills to help you be more successful in your Peer Leader Role. More information to come!