Goals of the Peer Leader Training Program
Overall Goals of the Peer Leader Training Program
- Become a contributing member of the peer leader community.
- Identify self as a leader.
- Gain respect of fellow peer leaders.
- Learn how to better serve students in their roles as Peer Leaders.
- Gain the knowledge to be comfortable referring students to other peer leaders and the offices they represent.
- View themselves as positive role models for other students on campus.
- Gain a better appreciation for values, beliefs, and cultures that are different than their own.
The following events are intended to help meet the above goals:
Fall Peer Leader Conference
All Peer Leaders will come together for the Fall Peer Leader Conference. The conference is scheduled for September 8, 2014 at 8:00am. This is an opportunity to get to know others in Peer Leader positions so you can better collaborate throughout the year, as well as learn new skills to help you be more successful in your Peer Leader roles. More information to come!
Student Leadership Opportunities Fair
Come and check out many of the leadership positions available for 2015-2016 and learn more about these opportunities. There will be current Peer Leaders on site to answer your questions! The fair time and location will be announced this winter term.
How to ACE the Peer Leader Interview Workshop
The Peer Leader Training Committee will be hosting a session for prospective peer leader applicants to learn about the Peer Leader interview process, learn tips and suggestions for how to best prepare for the interview, and learn the proper etiquette and attire for an interview. The workshop is scheduled for TBD.
May Kick-Off Celebration
For Peer Leaders hired for the 2015-2016 academic year, we will be hosting a May Celebration to kick-off the upcoming year. You'll start to bond with your staff, get to know a variety of peer leaders and learn more about your role for next year. The Celebration will be held on TBD.