The Search for Carleton's 11th President
On September 25, 2009, President Robert Oden Jr. announced his plans to retire effective June 2010, the end of the academic year.
On April 23, 2010, The Board of Trustees named Steven G. Poskanzer as Carleton’s next president. This website is a record of the process that led to his selection as the College’s 11th president in the institution’s 139-year history.
- An overview of Carleton distinctives, outline of opportunities and desired attributes for Carleton's next president, and explanation of the process of application.
- Communications to the campus community and beyond about the presidential search.
- Meet the members of the presidential search committee.
- Timeline for the presidential search decision.
- A brief history of those who have taken office as president of Carleton College, from James Woodward Strong in 1870 to Robert A. Oden Jr. in 2002.
- A biography of Carleton's current president, Robert A. Oden Jr.
- The announcement of Steven G. Poskanzer as Carleton's 11th president, accompanied by video and photos of his welcome to campus.