Speeches & Papers
- Reflections on the qualities I most valued in my board chairs.
- Botswana’s success is closely related to how its founders built the new nation on those parts of traditional culture which were compatible with or essential to democratic development.
- Culture does not determine everything, but it is a very important aspect of why some institutions succeed, and why others fail.
- Remarks at the College Sports Project Integration Institute, June 22, 2005
- A perspective on 15 years of stewardship (1987-2002) at Carleton College, by President Emeritus Stephen R. Lewis, Jr. (PDF document)
- This was first written in 1999 for a group of new liberal arts college presidents and has been revised from time to time.
- Remarks by Stephen R. Lewis, Jr. at the Retirement of His Excellency The President of the Republic of Botswana Sir Ketumile Masire on 31 March, 1998.