Club Officers 2012-2013
Spring 2013 Practice Schedule
To be announced...
|Daniel Jin Choy|
|Hao Tian Wei|
|Todd Campbell Jr|
About the Fencing Club
The Carleton fencing club is an environment where beginners and
veterans alike can relax with a bit of bouting. Fencers build their
own instruction by practicing with one another without the pressure of
a coach or competition schedule, though competitive individual bouting
is available at tournaments hosted by the Univeristy of Minnesota and
Twin Cities Fencing Club. We fence all three Olympic weapons: foil,
épée, and saber. Training in broadsword is also available. Equipment
for all weapons, practice and electric, is provided by Carleton.
At the weekly club session, a group warm-up is held, and then members
organize into small groups divided by weapon. Each pair of fencers
decides on a drill or practice bout, and partners change frequently.
In a single session, members can expect to fence others with a variety
of backgrounds, from brand-new beginners to the seasoned competitive
fencer. Fencers must be registered for the Beginning Fencing class to
attend class sessions, but all are welcome to club sessions.
Other Club Sports
- AikidoApplies principles of the fighting arts toward the goals of peace, harmony, and self-improvement.
- Alpine Ski ClubProvides the Carleton community with an opportunity to explore the joys of alpine skiing, both as a sport and as a recreation.
- BadmintonGives members of the Carleton Community an opportunity to play Badminton on a regular basis.
- Competitive DanceWe practice a wide variety of Ballroom and Latin dances at the competitive level. Think Dancing with the Stars, Carleton style.
- CUT (Carleton Ultimate Team)One of the nation's dominant teams in men's college ultimate.
- CyclingPromotes bicycle road racing at the College.
- EclipseProvides a fun and encouraging environment for women to develop ultimate frisbee skills and compete at an intercollegiate level.
- EquestrianCompetes in horse shows and provides lessons in horsemanship.
- FencingSupports both recreational and competitive fencing at Carleton.
- Field HockeyProvides instruction, practice and recreational field hockey play.
- GOP (Gods of Plastic)A competitive Carleton men's ultimate team.
- KarateOffers instruction in traditional Okinawan Karate
- Men's Ice HockeyMen's Ice Hockey provides Carleton students of all skill levels an opportunity to play competitive club hockey in the Midwest.
- Men's LacrosseThe Carleton Men's Lacrosse team is a competitive intercollegiate program in the Upper Midwest Lacrosse League, a group featuring a number of MIAC schools.
- Men's RugbyCore Principles: 1. Playing rugby 2. Singing songs 3. Finding joy in back pain
- Men's VolleyballOffers intercollegiate competition and instruction
- Nordic SkiingA team of people who enjoy cross country skiing and racing at a competitive level.
- SailingSails and races small sailboats locally and in intercollegiate regattas
- Synchronized SwimmingThe Club Sport program welcomes the arrival of the Synchronized Swimming team.
- SyzygySyzygy is Carleton's women's ultimate team.
- Table TennisA forum for skilled veterans and eager beginners alike to learn, teach, share and enjoy the extraordinary game that is Table Tennis.
- Tae Kwon DoEngages in practice and competition of this ancient Korean martial art.
- TennisCarleton's competitive tennis team
- Water PoloProvides water polo instruction, practice, and local competition.
- Women's Hockey (WHAC)Provides the opportunity to participate competitively in the great game of hockey.
- Women's LacrosseTeaches the basics and provides intercollegiate competition for players of all experience levels.
- Women's RugbyAnyone interested in trying a new sport is encouraged to come out and play with us. We promise that playing rugby will be one of the best decisions of your Carleton career.