Club Officers 2015-2016
President: Delaney Vail
Vice-President: Eliza Thomas
Treasurer: Sophie Buchmuellor
Interested in Women's Lacrosse? Contact Delaney Vail (email@example.com)
2015-2016 Practice Schedule
(IM fields in front of Hill of Three Oaks)
About the Women's Lacrosse Team
The Carleton Women's Lacrosse Club aims to teach the basics of lacrosse to beginning players while providing opportunities for skill enhancement, increased understanding of lacrosse, and intercollegiate competition for players of all experience levels. We encourage beginners and advanced players alike to come out and play and are always excited for new members!
We are a competitive team in the Upper Midwest Women's Lacrosse League. We hold practices three times a week during the winter term in the Rec Center. Winter term is an especially good time for beginners to come out and learn about the sport before we start games in the spring. In the spring, practices are held four times a week near the Hill of Three Oaks. Games are held throughout the first half of spring term. Last year, we placed second in our league and hope to go to back to playoffs again this year!
History of the Club
The Carleton's Women's Lacrosse club was one of the first in the area. From '89-'93, the Lacrosse club played Beloit, Grinnell, Lake Forest (in Chicago), Twin Cities, and St. Ben's and hosted at least 2 tournaments of several teams. Between 1995 and 1997 the team's membership has doubled in size and has gained campus-wide recognition. In 1996, the team joined the Women's Collegiate Lacrosse League and were able to travel to Indiana and Illinois to participate in tournament play. Today the team is a member of the Upper Midwest Women's Lacrosse League and plays teams from all over the Minnesota and Upper-Wisconsin area.
"I congratulate the current players on all the advances they've made, and I hope they remember how the team started... as a group of not-always-so-skilled but highly enthusiastic Carleton women who kept a great sense of humor... I remember a lot of games where we didn't have a goalie and propped up a lacrosse stick with pads on in the goal, or borrowing the smallest men's players to fill in for away teams who couldn't muster enough players." --Allyson Shames (Argo) '93, Captain, Carleton lacrosse '92-'93
Other Club Sports
- AikidoApplies principles of the fighting arts toward the goals of peace, harmony, and self-improvement.
- Alpine Ski ClubProvides the Carleton community with an opportunity to explore the joys of alpine skiing, both as a sport and as a recreation.
- BadmintonGives members of the Carleton Community an opportunity to play Badminton on a regular basis.
- Competitive DanceWe practice a wide variety of Ballroom and Latin dances at the competitive level. Think Dancing with the Stars, Carleton style.
- CUT (Carleton Ultimate Team)One of the nation's dominant teams in men's college ultimate.
- CyclingPromotes bicycle road racing at the College.
- EclipseProvides a fun and encouraging environment for women to develop ultimate frisbee skills and compete at an intercollegiate level.
- EquestrianCompetes in horse shows and provides lessons in horsemanship.
- GOP (Gods of Plastic)A competitive Carleton men's ultimate team.
- KarateOffers instruction in traditional Okinawan Karate
- Men's Ice HockeyMen's Ice Hockey provides Carleton students of all skill levels an opportunity to play competitive club hockey in the Midwest.
- Men's LacrosseThe Carleton Men's Lacrosse team is a competitive intercollegiate program in the Upper Midwest Lacrosse League, a group featuring a number of MIAC schools.
- Men's RugbyCore Principles: 1. Playing rugby 2. Singing songs 3. Finding joy in back pain
- Men's VolleyballOffers intercollegiate competition and instruction
- Nordic SkiingA team of people who enjoy cross country skiing and racing at a competitive level.
- SailingSails and races small sailboats locally and in intercollegiate regattas
- Synchronized SwimmingThe Club Sport program welcomes the arrival of the Synchronized Swimming team.
- SyzygySyzygy is Carleton's women's ultimate team.
- Table TennisA forum for skilled veterans and eager beginners alike to learn, teach, share and enjoy the extraordinary game that is Table Tennis.
- Tae Kwon DoEngages in practice and competition of this ancient Korean martial art.
- TennisCarleton's competitive tennis team
- Water PoloProvides water polo instruction, practice, and local competition.
- Women's Hockey (WHAC)Provides the opportunity to participate competitively in the great game of hockey.
- Women's LacrosseTeaches the basics and provides intercollegiate competition for players of all experience levels.
- Women's RugbyAnyone interested in trying a new sport is encouraged to come out and play with us. We promise that playing rugby will be one of the best decisions of your Carleton career.